FMCG packaging market undergoes regional shifts and demographic changes, the industry is likely to experience several challenges. Sluggish growth in mature North American and Western Europe markets pose challenges to FMCG brands. With the success of private labels controlling an ever increasing proportion of shelf space and offering good value to budget constrained consumers, FMCG brands need to find solutions to increase their added value through packaging and product innovations in developed markets. While emerging markets, with their rising average household income and large population size are showing unprecedented potential for the FMCG packaging market. FMCG packaging manufacturers will have to adapt sizes and target both the lower income segment of the population in emerging market and its growing middle class. Visiongain calculates that the global FMCG packaging market will total $485.4bn in 2012.
Growth will be uneven across regions, while developed markets are maturing; emerging markets will be pivotal for the industry growth. Growth regions grouped under acronyms such as BRIC's and CIVET's (Columbia, Indonesia, Vietnam,Egypt, Turkey) are experiencing rapid increase in disposable income which translates into higher consumer spending in cosmetics, food and beverage sectors.
Similarly, changing demographics of the world population and population ageing is likely to drive growth in the healthcare FMCG packaging market while impacting FMCG packaging in term of design and consuming habits. Although the FMCG packaging market is set to grow over the next decade, there remain several headwinds that need to be tackled.
The economic downturn has impacted consumer's way of spending in developed markets. With price focused consumers and increasing raw materials price, FMCG packaging companies are forced to lower margins. In the mean time, innovation continues to drive growth in these margins pushing up cost in research and development.
Digitalization is also impacting the way FMCG products are consumed. Consumers are more informed and share their experience about brands on social networks. Marketing and communication are not limited to packaging support anymore but now encompass a whole new online dimension where packaging is likely to become the physical portal.
Other trends impacting FMCG packaging such as increasing demand in healthy and organic food but also of ethnic food, rising importance of recyclable eco-friendly material, increasing use of smart packaging technologies are all part of the numerous trends affecting FMCG packaging discussed in this report.
Unique Selling Points
The Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Packaging Market 2012-2022 report contains
• 115 tables, charts and figures that quantify analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the FMCG packaging market from 2012-2022.
• In-depth analyses of FMCG packaging, characteristics, applications and evolution.
• Regional analysis of the FMCG packaging market
• Forecasts for the global FMCG packaging market from 2012 to 2022.
• Forecasts for the leading 10 national FMCG packaging markets from 2012 to 2022
• Forecasts for the FMCG packaging consumer submarkets from 2012 to 2022
• A combined micro analysis and macro analysis of strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats facing major stakeholders in the market
• Expert opinion from key-opinion leaders in the FMCG packaging market
A broad range of primary and secondary data has been used for forecasting and presenting the overall market condition of the FMCG packaging industry. A comprehensive and exhaustive list of literature and opinions from industry sources has been used to produce an original analysis of the future market performance of the FMCG packaging market. Visiongain established market sizes and growth rates by analysing a very wide and rich mixture of information gained through industry news / articles, industry views / interviews, policy documents, government statements, press releases and contractual announcements.
Visiongain reports also benefit from opinions and judgments of experts from the FMCG packaging industry. We include the transcripts of the interviews in our reports. Visiongain believes that a sound combination of primary and secondary data collection sources and expert views of the practitioners in the industry helps to produce an accurate and comprehensive forecast of the future direction of FMCG market growth.
Why you should buy The Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Packaging Market 2012-2022
This report is intended to provide an in-depth analysis of the latest trends in the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) packaging industry and its growth and development over the next decade. It gives a unique insight into the evolution of the industry by mixing micro development in the industry coupled with broader insight in global macroeconomic development.
The analysis answers key questions related to the future of the FMCG packaging market. This report provides insights on the evolution of consumer behaviour, factors driving or hindering market growth and evolution of segmental and geographical markets share.
Factors such as changing demographics of the world population, changing preferences of the consumers, cutting edge packaging technology, latest innovations and demand for sustainable packaging will be trend setting factors which will determine the growth of the FMCG packaging market. The analysis demonstrates how the FMCG packaging market exerts an effect over the overall packaging market, its current state, its main influencing sub-markets, national markets and leading companies, and how it will perform in the future.
• You will gain a thorough understanding of the current global FMCG packaging market and how it will evolve over the next decade.
• You will find 115 tables, charts and figures that quantify analyze and forecast the changing dynamics of the FMCG packaging market from 2012-2022.
• You will find In-depth analyses of FMCG packaging, characteristics, applications and evolution.
• You will discover regional analysis of the FMCG packaging market including analysis of :
- The European FMCG packaging market
- The North American FMCG packaging market
- The Asian FMCG packaging market
- The Latin American FMCG packaging market
- The Middle East and African FMCG packaging market
• You will receive global FMCG packaging sales forecasts for the period 2012-2022.
• You will gain insight into the 5 leading FMCG packaging sub-markets with forecasts for the period 2012-2022:
- Personal Care.
• You will receive forecasts for the 10 leading national FMCG packaging markets, as well as rest of the world figures and projections for the period 2012-2022
- The US & Canadian Fast Moving Consumer Goods Packaging Market
- The Japanese FMCG packaging market
- The Chinese FMCG packaging market
- The German FMCG packaging market
- The French FMCG packaging market
- The Brazilian FMCG packaging market
- The Indian FMCG packaging market
- The British FMCG packaging market
- The Spanish FMCG packaging market
- The Russian FMCG packaging market
- Rest of the World FMCG packaging market
• You will find a combined micro analysis and macro analysis of strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats facing major stakeholders in the FMCG packaging market
• You will read an original interview, with an industry expert from Osborne Pike Limited
• You will gain profiles of 20 of the leading players within the FMCG packaging marketplace.
What is the structure of the report?
Chapter 1 is the executive summary.
Chapter 2 introduces the current FMCG market.