Paradigm-Shifting Law Firm Announces Rebranding, Increased Focus in Mid-Atlantic Region Emerging Growth MarketsEAST BRUNSWICK, N.J., May 22, 2012 — (PRNewswire) — Highly respected attorneys David J. Sorin and Jay S. Rand announced today the rebranded firm of SorinRand LLP. SorinRand will continue to serve start-up, emerging growth, and middle market sector technology, ecommerce, and life science clients -- with a more strategic focus throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Going forward, the firm will be comprised of all of the partners, counsel, associates, and staff of the New Jersey and New York offices, and one of the region's leading tax attorneys from the Conshohocken, Pa. office of the firm formerly known as SorinRoyerCooper LLC.
Sorin continues as managing partner of the firm. Josh Epstein, chair of the firm's litigation practice, continues as the New York office managing partner. George Nagle, chair of the firm's tax practice, will be the managing partner of SorinRand's newly established office in Radnor, Pa.
To best accomplish client goals, strategic initiatives, and reflect the firm's vision and priorities, SorinRand is reaffirming its commitment to its strong and growing client base, comprised of, among others, more than a dozen of the 100 fastest growing companies in the Mid-Atlantic region, including three of the top 10 alternative energy companies in New Jersey and four of the 80 hottest companies in New York.
"We recognize that the primary strength of our law firm has been and continues to be in the representation of the entrepreneurs, business leaders, technologists, and investors who build and support the privately held and publicly traded companies in the various entrepreneurial and technology sectors that increasingly are critical to the economy of the entire Mid-Atlantic region," explained Sorin. "Building on that strength, we have renewed and deepened our commitment to creating client value through a lower-leverage delivery model and a highly competitive fee structure that is about half that of our national competitors."
The firm has received numerous awards and accolades for a unique combination of its compelling value proposition and delivery of high quality, responsive services by experienced lawyers recognized as leaders in their respective areas of practice. For example:
- Reflecting the firm's entrepreneurial inclinations and successes, Sorin was named a finalist in the 2012 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year awards program in New Jersey; winners will be announced in June. He also was named one of the Top 100 Lawyers worldwide in 2012 for his leadership in the emerging growth company marketplace.
- Rand, chair of the firm's corporate practice, formerly was a partner of Morrison & Foerster LLP and later national co-chair of the technology and venture law group at Mannatt, Phelps & Phillips LLP. He recently was named one of New York's top start-up company and venture capital lawyers.
- Epstein, chair of litigation, is a highly respected litigator who recently was named a New York Super Lawyer.
- Susan Goldsmith, formerly of Duane Morris LLP, was named to the World Trademark Review's 2012 list of World's Leading Trademark professionals.
- Jeff Marcus, former chair of the corporate department of the New York office of Morrison & Foerster LLP, is a leading lawyer in the areas of life sciences, securities law, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Before joining SorinRoyerCooper as chair of the firm's tax practice, Nagle was the co-chair of the tax practice and chair of the audit committee at Saul Ewing LLP.
Prior to the reformation, the firm was named "Life Sciences Law Firm of the Year" by Finance Monthly magazine as well as the "2011 Emerging Growth Law Firm of the Year in the United States" by Lawyer Monthly, and both "2012 Emerging Growth Law Firm of the Year" and "2012 Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year" by Corporate LiveWire.
SORINRAND LLP, with offices in East Brunswick, N.J., New York City, and Radnor, Pa., focuses on start-up, early-stage, emerging-growth and middle-market sector technology, software, communications, marketing/communications, Internet, alternative energy and clean-tech, nanotechnology, biotechnology, medical devices and other life sciences enterprises, as well as the financial institutions, investors, directors, and executives who support and lead them. For more information, visit www.sorinrand.com.
SOURCE SorinRand LLP