CALIFORNIA HEALTH DEPARTMENT SMART METER HEALTH REPORT JANUARY 2012
1. Smart Meters emit radiation almost continuously, day and night, seven days a week.
2. Family safety is uncertain with a smart meter attached to a home.
3. It is impossible to know how close a consumer is to their RF Radiation limit, making safety an uncertainty with installation of a mandatory Smart Meter.
4. Smart Meters can exceed the whole body radiation exposure of cell phones by 60-150 times.
5. Radiation exposure from Smart Meters at non-thermal levels shows accumulating evidence of human cell damage, DNA chain breaks, breaches in the blood-brain barrier, sperm damage, toxin exposure, cancer, miscarriage, birth defects, semen degradation, autoimmune diseases, etc.
6. Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) is a real and sometimes debilitating neurological problem for the affected persons (Mild et al., 2004).
7. FCC guidelines do not protect the public and cannot be used for any claims of Smart Meter safety.
8. Smart Meters exceed the RF Microwave Radiation standards of many other countries by 12 to 60 million times.
9. SUMMARY: Given the evidence of existing and potential harm from Smart Meters, governmental agencies for protecting public health and safety should be much more vigilant towards Smart Meter electromagnetic radiation exposures because governmental agencies are the only defense against such involuntary exposure.